Sunday, August 9, 2009

Going to Germany...

I am so excited to be preparing for a trip to Germany. Katha, our German "daughter" and former exchange student, and her parents have offered me a place to stay in their city of Bad Salzuflen, Germany. I will basically get to be there in October and November of this year. This has been a lifelong dream of mine. Not just to VISIT, but to actually LIVE in another country -- experiencing the daily life of another culture. Although I have studied German more than I care to admit, I haven't really spoken it in years. High school days and college German classes are many years past, and I have a lot of brushing up to do. I suspect being immersed in the culture daily will be the best way to refresh my German conversation skills....

More later,
Tschüss

No comments:

Post a Comment