Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Short trip ...to Dallas/ Frisco

Yesterday I took a short trip up to Dallas and Frisco... got to visit with my highschool friend, Belinda. Made plans to get together with her when I go to Germany, since she has lived there for 24 years! Also, got to visit with Charlie, Annette, Aunt Mary Jo, Nancy, Mandy, Michah, and Debbie... Nice to get to see so many friends and family even though it was a short visit. Trying to get a few extra visits in to see everyone before I make the Germany trip.
Everytime I'm in Frisco (TX) I can't help but be nostalgic about it's growth. It's supposed to be (in MY mind anyway) my little smalltown where my mother's family is all from. I remember when the population sign at the edge of town said 1800. Now, it's SO huge. It sure isn't the same as it was, even 10 years ago. But I am impressed with their city government and their interest in preserving some of the heritage and history of Frisco.
http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/Pages/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment