Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Next trip: to Albuquerque

I'm going to Albuquerque next week. There are so many things I like about Albuquerque. First of all, my daddy and my sister live there. I'm looking forward to our visit. And the weather is always some of the best. I don't mind the Albuquerque 'hot' because there is almost no humidity, so I have great hair there! Just always have to rememeber my chapstick and moisturizer. At night, the lights of Albuquerque are just beautiful from daddy's house. And for some reason I ALWAYS feel like working out there. I look forward to my early morning walks along Tramway's hike/bike trail.

I guess I have more than ONE city that feels like home, since I moved around a lot. Born a Texan (Bonham), first move was to Oklahoma City when I was five ...or was I six? From there on to Grand Junction, Colorado... Hampton, Virginia, and then, in late 1971, Albuquerque. The city was no stranger though. We'd been going there to see my Aunt Glenda, Uncle Harold, and cousin Phil, since I was born. They'd moved there in the 50's. So it's much like home...

I'll be back with pictures and news about the trip when I return... wish Bucky was going too, but someone has to work! Sorry Hon....

No comments:

Post a Comment